John Morehead and I are partners in the crimes of trying to do good works that are not always perceived as good works in Evangelical circles. We've taken some hits for befriending the "radical other" - those who think and live differently than ourselves. We think that's what Jesus would do, but not everyone appears to agree.
Wild Theology 006 – Origins of the Altar Call with David Malcolm Bennett – Wild Theology
In this podcast, I talk with David Malcolm Bennett in Australia. His Masters and Doctorate work have included topics such as the origin and history of the Altar Call, and of Left Behind Theology. Here we look at the Altar Call, and ever so briefly at the end, at the Sinner's Prayer. We ask where these came from, how they became fundamental to Evangelical praxis, and ponder potential ramifications. You can support this podcast at https://Patreon.com/PhilWyman You can find the video version at: https://youtu.be/l2yZm37jb6E Also connect with me at: https://Facebook.com/PhilWyman https://Twitter.com/PhilWyman https://BurningReligion.com
- Wild Theology 006 – Origins of the Altar Call with David Malcolm Bennett
- Wild Theology 005 – Defending Befriending with John W. Morehead
- Wild Theology 004 – Diana (the Goth Vicar) Greenfield on Brigid of Ireland. Pagan goddess or saint?
- Wild Theology 003 – The Trump Prophecies. What Went Wrong? with Loren Sandford
- Wild Theology 002 – The QAnon Problem in Christian and Pagan Circles with Christian Day